Other non-residential building
NFIP insures additions and extensions attached to and in contact with the building, by means of:
  • Rigid exterior wall
  • Solid load-bearing interior
  • wall Stairway
  • Elevated walkway
  • Roof
NFIP insures at the insured’s option, additions and extensions connected by any of these methods may be separately insured.
Agents have the ability to write/insure the property as a single or multiple policy. If you write it as one policy, you have the advantage of avoiding surcharges or fees. If you need more coverage, you have options. NFIP will insure additions and extensions.
Tenant’s Coverage
Building and Contents Coverage

Tenant contents coverage includes improvements and betterments limited to 10% of contents limit. This includes improvements such as:
  • Fixtures
  • Alterations
  • Installations
  • Additions
If building coverage is purchased by tenant due to lease agreement:
  • Must be at tenant’s expense
  • Options reduces contents coverage limits
  • Building owner must be named on policy
  • Tenant may also be named on policy
  • Coverage for tenant-owned contents must be written on separate policy in name of tenant only
Below is a partial list of Standard Flood Insurance Policy (SFIP) Exclusions The Standard Flood Insurance Policy (SFIP) does not provide coverage for:
  • Loss of revenue or profits
  • Loss of access
  • Loss of use
  • Loss from interruption of business or production
  • Additional living expenses
NOTE: This list is not all-inclusive. Be sure to review the NFIP manual for complete listings https://www.fema.gov/flood-insurance-manual